Weatherbys Private Bank launches Expatriate Service designed for individuals who live abroad but for whom the UK is their long term home.
Commenting on the Expatriate Service, Quentin Marshall, Deputy Head of Private Banking said:
“Many of the millions of British expats living and working abroad would like to own property in the UK, particularly in preparation for their return. For the majority, securing a mortgage is a total nightmare experience as banks have either withdrawn from the market entirely or tightened their lending criteria to unacceptable levels. I firmly believe that Weatherbys Private Bank is different and can provide the solution.
“Our decisions are not based on credit scoring. We offer bespoke underwriting where each applicant is considered on their personal financial situation and circumstances enabling us to execute the transaction painlessly and smoothly.
“All borrowing facilities are assessed on their own merits and priced accordingly and our terms are flexible for the scheduling of repayments. Service excellence is at the heart of our offering and family values of careful stewardship and attention to detail underpin everything we do. The relationship we have with our clients is key to our success and delivering an unrivalled level of personal service remains our highest priority.”
Weatherbys’ dedicated team of private bankers work with their expat clients to help them achieve their financial ambitions whilst providing comprehensive services; from residential mortgages to flexible savings account options. Treasury experts are also on hand to help expat clients make informed decisions on foreign exchange markets when managing money internationally.
Expatriate Lending Service
• Expertise in foreign currency mortgages and loans
• Bespoke underwriting with decisions not based on credit scoring – each applicant considered on their personal circumstances and assets can be taken into consideration such as investments, guarantees or land
• Loan sizes between £500,000 and £5,000,000
• LTV up to 65%
• Standard loan facility is interest only and the normal term is five years. Facilities up to ten years can be considered.
• Terms of our lending plans are flexible - so you can schedule your repayments around bonuses and other income.
• Dedicated Private Banker
• Sterling, dollar, euro and other major currency accounts
• Competitive and flexible saving account options ranging from instant access to longer term fixed rates
• No charges or commission when using the debit card abroad
• Telephone, Online and Mobile App Banking
• Competitive exchange rates for all major currencies
• Forward contracts and options to assist with hedging currency risk
Any property used as security, which may include your home, may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or loan.
You must be over 18 years or over to apply for a mortgage or other loan secured on it.
Terms and conditions apply
Please note that with the exception of forward and rolling spot transactions, foreign exchange is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority or the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Insurance services are provided through Weatherbys Hamilton LLP and Weatherbys Private Bank acts as an introducer to Weatherbys Hamilton LLP. Weatherbys Hamilton LLP is part of the Weatherbys Group and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register number: 582708. Weatherbys Hamilton LLP is registered in England. Registered number: OC373141 Registered Address: Sanders Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 4BX.